I’m so proud to be raising funds in support of St. Michael’s Hospital, a global powerhouse in medical research that is equally renowned for providing state-of-the-art treatments and compassionate care. Thanks to donor support, St. Michael’s physicians, scientists, nurses and staff stop at nothing to provide the care their patients deserve, no matter who they are or where they come from.
St. Michael’s is Canada’s premier trauma hospital, with one of the top trauma survival rates in North America. It is a leader in multiple sclerosis and cystic fibrosis. A hub for the world’s top brain and heart specialists. Tops in North America for ophthalmology. A world-leading kidney transplant centre. It has the only research centre dedicated to addressing the detrimental effects of poverty on urban health. And when COVID-19 hit, St. Michael’s launched game-changing research projects, transformed a building for dedicated COVID-19 care, and took particular care of those experiencing disadvantage.
St. Michael’s Young Leaders (SMYL) will be hosting its 2nd annual virtual charity tournament next week in support of the St. Michael’s Hospital. We wanted to share some details below with you for participating in the tournament and/or donating should you wish to play or otherwise support a great cause!
• “Texas Hold-Em” Poker Tournament
• Tuesday, September 14th at 8:00pm (ET)
• PokerStars.com (online only; mobile not supported; personal PC suggested)
• $50+ minimum buy-in
• $50+ minimum for re-buys to play again
• All players start with the same number of chips
• 100% proceeds go to charity in support of the Hospital’s world-leading research efforts that are revolutionizing diagnosis and treatment for fibrosis (organ scarring). Fibrosis is the cause of nearly 50% of all deaths in the developed world.
$3,000+ in Prizes
There are a number of awesome prizes available for top finishers, including:
• $1,500+ of gift cards to high-end restaurants
• Autographed sports memorabilia and jerseys
• Amazon gift cards
• Eagle's Nest Golf Club passes
• Google Home Minis
• & MORE!
How to Donate / Participate
• Follow this link to the tournament donation page: http://smh.convio.net/goto/tournament2021
• Click “Donate Now”, and make a charitable donation of any amount (For players: Min. $50+)
• If you are playing, either publicly disclose your name on the donation page, and/or email us confirming you’ve donated – and that’s it!
• Further details on registration / setup and FAQ are enclosed in the attached document
Please feel free to reach out to us (cc’d) if you have any questions:
• Henry Wagram (Chair; please copy on all communications) – email@example.com
• Owen Gaffney – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stuart Johnson – email@example.com
• Andrew Oliveira – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nicole Pinto – email@example.com
• John Shuter – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jamie Wood – email@example.com
Please also feel free to share this email with your friends and family that may also be interested in playing and/or supporting a great cause with a donation. Hope to see you there!
Please help me reach my fundraising goal so that St. Michael’s can continue to tackle some of the toughest health challenges of our time. Every dollar raised counts, and is deeply appreciated.