Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and match any charitable gifts made by their employees, retirees and their spouses.
Eligible donors for a corporate matching gift program may include:
• Current, full-time or part-time employees
• Retired employees
• Spouses of employees
• Widows and/or widowers of former employees
• Members of the board of directors
Double or triple your gift’s impact by following these simple steps:
1. Contact your employer’s personnel or human resources department to determine if they participate in a matching gift program. If they do, obtain a matching gift form and donation guide.
2. Fill in the Employees section of the form and send it to St. Michael’s Foundation at the address below along with your gift. We will complete the form and forward it to your employer’s matching gift office for processing. Your company will send its matching donation directly to St. Michael’s Foundation.
St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
Attention: Matching Gift Program
30 Bond Street
Toronto, ON M5B 1W8
Employers - Share the news with your staff!
One of the easiest ways to support St. Michael’s and to let your employees know that their commitment and values are shared by their employer is to match your employees’ contributions – whether it is double, all, or a percentage of the donations contributed by your employees.
By matching your employee contributions to St. Michael’s Hospital, employees will be confident that their donations are going even further to change the future of health care.
Matching Gifts - FAQs
Q: What does my employer need from me before they send in a matching gift?
A: Every company has their own set of requirements. The best recommendation is to speak directly to your Human Resources department. They may ask that you complete a form and mail it along with your donation to the Foundation.
Q: Does my employer's matching gift count toward my donor wall recognition?
A: In fairness to donors who do not work for an employer that matches gifts, your employer's matching gifts do not count towards your donor club recognition.
For more information about our Caring Angels Matching Gift Program, please contact the Foundation at 416-864-5000 or send us a note through our Contact Us form.